The objectives of the position are to provide support to the team and to source new suppliers according to company plans. This role will be based in India.
What you'll do
The holder of the position is mainly responsible for the following areas in coordination with his / her superior:
- Support Sourcing director/ Sourcing manager for tactical plans of vendor sourcing and product development
- Liaise with vendors / suppliers and internal parties (i.e. Merchandising department, Product Development department and Compliance and Sustainability department in performing various of sourcing activities
- Work closely with Merchandising team on vendor management, evaluation and assessment, data analysis, system maintenance, contract database management, and management reporting
- Support Product Development team for their product plans, propose strategies and action plans to ensure continual supplies of materials
- Take part in sourcing project including searching of new suppliers and conducting factory visits
- Provide ad hoc support to the team
What you'll need
- Degree holder or above
- Minimum 5 years in relevant product experience in sizable company ,ideally in a buying office environment
- Strong background and experience in sourcing and merchandising
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, supplier- facing , analytical skills , Influencing skills
- Excellent proficiency in MS Excel
- Well organized, self motivated and detail orientated
- A good team player and an individual contributor, can work to deadlines, priorities tasks and work well under pressure
- Proficient in written and spoken English
What you'll receive
We are dedicated to fostering a family-friendly culture and work environment and have been a proud member of the Caring Company Scheme since 2014. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all candidates with the required skills and experience.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your negotiation skills, product knowledge, supply chain knowledge and mental fortitude. You will learn how to negotiate the best solutions between all the related parties relevant to our business.