Lidl & Kaufland Asia is hiring a Fabric & Materials Technologist (Home Textile) for our Quality Assurance team. The successful candidate will need to ensure fabric & materials used in the production of our textile products can meet our required standard and quality.
What you'll do
The holder of the position is mainly responsible for the following areas in coordination with his/her manager:
• Onboarding for new supplier or fabric mill to ensure that our QA fabric process and requirements are well understood.
• Direct communication and follow up with product suppliers, fabric and material mills for textile related topics based on our QA Fabric Team SOP and our quality standards and guidelines.
• The evaluation of fabric inspection reports and 3rd party fabric test reports, follow up with supplier when required.
• Review and assessment of 1st bulk fabric submissions compared to the approved standard. Communicate findings to the supplier and their mill.
• Document and submission management from our suppliers for running orders including the uploading to our data management system.
• Provide technical support to product supplier or fabric/material mill in the event of a fabric quality related issues, liaising with our main offices for final decision making.
• Work with the supplier to provide CAP for fabric quality related issues to ensure an ongoing improvement plan for fabric quality.
• Attend weekly internal production meetings to update the fabric status of our orders.
What you'll need
- High school graduate or above.
- 3 years relevant experiences as a fabric knitting/weaving technician is an advantage.
- Solid understanding of fabric fiber types and construction for both knitted & woven materials.
- Knowledge in the dyeing and finishing processes of fabric and materials.
- Technical expertise related to Home Textile related product types is an advantage.
- Experience in the evaluation of lab dyes and print strike off’s for colour assessment.
- Good interpersonal, self motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Positive attitude and high attention to detail.
- High degree of work ethics and integrity.
- Competent PC knowledge
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point.
What you'll receive
We are dedicated to fostering a family-friendly culture and work environment and we are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all candidates with the required skills and experience. We enable fair pay within the company by creating non-discriminatory salary systems.
- The suitable candidate will have the opportunity to grow and use their technical experience in our quality assurance team by working closely with our suppliers and the fabric & material used to produce our diverse range of home textile products. They will also be interacting with fellow team members based in regional offices throughout Asia.
Market Leading Remuneration Package:
- Double pay and discretionary bonus
- Choice of MPF provider
- Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Rental re-imbursement scheme
- Flexible work arrangements
- In-house training courses
- Training sponsorship scheme
- Health Check
- Vision Check
- 5 day week
- Competitive Annual Leave
- Charity, Community and Sporting Events